The Call for Abstracts for the British Educational Leadership, Management and Administration Society (BELMAS) Annual Conference 2019 is now closed.
All abstracts are subjected to anonymous peer review and will be selected solely on merit. Authors will be notified whether their papers have been accepted into the programme imminently. For all papers accepted into the programme, it will be assumed that the presenter(s) will attend the full conference and the Conference Team reserves the right to schedule presentations accordingly. Presenters will be required to register by 30th April 2019. From this date, papers will be withdrawn from the programme where presenters have not registered.
For information on session formats, click here.
Type of Abstract Submission
Maximum Number of Words
|Theatre Style Papers||400 words|
References are not compulsory but must be included in the word count if you choose to include them.
Abstracts should fall into one of the categories below:
- Addresses completed research with outcomes
- Addresses project where there is already completed data set to discuss
- Offers critical discourse analysis in educational research and/or provides a critical review of issues
- Advances understanding of practice within the context of education policy and sustainability.
Reviewers will take this into account when assessing the suitability of papers for inclusion in the conference programme. We are particularly interested in papers related to the conference theme but are also interested in other papers.
How do we decide which abstract submissions get accepted?All abstracts will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Relevance of the topic to BELMAS members
- Clarity of research question(s) and/or focus of enquiry
- Robustness of analytical and/or theoretical framework
- Significance for educational practice, policy and/or theory
GradingAn average score will be calculated from the scores given by our team of reviewers.
Proposals for symposia must not be submitted in this online system. For further details, please follow this link.
The deadline for submitting your abstract was 30th December 2018.
Northchurch Business Centre
84 Queen Street
Tel: Currently unavailable.
Registered Company No. 1141941
Registered Charity No. 268989
Telephone contact with the BELMAS Office will not be available until further notice. This includes payments over the phone. If you have an enquiry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.