Invitation to Submit Proposals for Symposia
In addition to the submissions of individual papers for presentation, the BELMAS Conference Committee now welcomes proposals for symposia to be presented at the 2019 Annual Conference. A symposium should involve several presenters, typically 4-5, organized around a similar topic of interest.
All proposals for a symposium must include sufficient supporting material to permit the programme committee to evaluate the quality and interest of the symposium.
Proposals for symposia should include:
- The title of the proposed symposium;
- A short descriptive summary of the proposal (100-200 words);
- A description of the topic and a justification of its current importance to the BELMAS 2019 theme (not more than 500 words) – “Educational Leadership for Social Change”;
- Titles and abstracts of all papers, with up to 300 words for the title and abstract of each paper;
- A list of participants and either a short biographical description (up to 100 words) for each participant;
- Institutional affiliation and e-mail addresses for all participants;
- The number of presenters included should be limited to a maximum of five.
Criteria for acceptance:
- The same level of quality and academic professionalism shown for general abstracts is expected for symposia submissions;
- The programme committee will look for quality, variety, innovation, and diversity on the symposia programme;
- The programme committee will also look for relevance of the symposia topic to BELMAS members;
- The committee will also assess the coherence between the abstracts as well as the significance for educational practice, policy and/or theory;
- A statement to indicate that at least THREE presenters on the proposal will register and attend the BELMAS 2019 conference.
How to Submit
Collated proposals (see above), to include all abstracts and supporting material, should be emailed to email@example.com. Abstracts may be in Word or PDF format.